Dynatech Diablo Titanium - different versions?

simonoakley1962

Retro Newbie
Hi all - I have a Dynatech Diablo, bought new in 1993 or 1994 from Evans in Croydon. I was just wondering if there were different models of the Diablo, as I saw a post referring to a 'DX' - I can't see any such identifier on my frame. It has Shimano LX throughout, originally Rock Shox front forks, though I had to replace these and also the headset at the same time. Many thanks :D

Simon.

simonoakley1962":4bg9jjjx said:
Hi all - I have a Dynatech Diablo, bought new in 1993 or 1994 from Evans in Croydon. I was just wondering if there were different models of the Diablo, as I saw a post referring to a 'DX' - I can't see any such identifier on my frame. It has Shimano LX throughout, originally Rock Shox front forks, though I had to replace these and also the headset at the same time. Many thanks :D

Simon.

Did you keep the fork? Sometime they just need a service. I bought a pair of early RockShox that had been swapped out on a Raleigh and all they needed was a pump up.

diablo

hi, from what i recall there were two Diablo models the `DX`version with deore dx group in red or yellow and the LX group version just called Diablo and in blue paint. i think there was a rock shox option as well.
you also had the `94 versions with the ugli fork in alivio,stx,stx se and lx versions.
hope this helps :)
andy

simonoakley1962":215yda5n said:
No, the seals were shot and after a few pump-ups which worked for a few rides, it was game over!

Seals can be replaced too but it probably made more financial sense to replace :LOL:

Love to see pics of your bike, the Diablo series were lovely and certainly bikes I lusted after as a teenager.

Re:

I forgot to post a pic...only a year late...anyway, here's the old girl, having just survived a trip round the 'technical trail' in Hopton Woods, Shropshire...it being the bike that survived, which is more than I can say for me...

Attachments

• Bike_2.jpg
    Bike_2.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 264
Lots of Diablos, search through the catalogs in Archives on here, from what I know there are 5 Diablos that span over around 3 years - in White, Blue, Red, Purple and Yellow! I have 3 Diablos currently in my Dyna collection, blue, red and purple. Despite the colour differences, all the frames are identical, its just the components that make up the different ones - Diablo RS, Diablo Plus, Diablo DX Plus etc etc...

Back