Please ban me from entering Bike shops ;)

Minifreak

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Following on from my post earlier in the week where I popped into a local bike shop just to see what they had out back, I’ve been back and found they had another nice delivery, of course it’s far too big for me but couldn’t say no :LOL: :facepalm:

First thead:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=384378

Today’s purchase is a 1989 Kona Cinder Cone with a change of tyres, saddle and bars to make her near catalogue spec. The decals and paint are lovely, very little sign of componentry wear:

I’ll likely restore then sell in to someone taller or if you fancy an easy project give me a shout, a full strip, clean and regrease is all she needs. Parts wise is just grips and possibly new inner cables.

Kona-Ian":1toic330 said:
Nice find.
:)
Have you tried to move seatpost yet?

Yes, nothing is seized, move both the Seatpost and stem
before buying. It appears it was well loved and hardly used. It’s odd, I destroyed most of my bikes back in the day through use :LOL:

Another great find :)

you should get back there tomorrow, see if they have anything else, maybe a bit smaller :LOL:

mark

mkone":1dvgylmz said:
Another great find :)

you should get back there tomorrow, see if they have anything else, maybe a bit smaller :LOL:

mark

I will likely pop in as often as I can now, only 2 mins walk from work.

They have a couple of pairs of RockShox Mags attached to a Gary Fisher frame and a GT I think, both are looking a bit scabby though.

Headtube is the crucial one with my back. Liking the fact the paint woul be easy to touch up.

Latest posts

Back