Anyone use a "modern" fork guard on a rim brake bike?

development_cycle

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
It's actually for a 2004 bike I'm asking but that's neither here nor there because it has conti mounts on it and therein lies my problem.

I've tried and even bought now a number of these,hoping that they will fit, when I email the companies and ask they couldn't beless interested which is sad.

The issue I have is that where the holes or slots are cut for securing the guards to the fork legs, it's right where the canti studs are, also some of them have the holes or slots cut for securing to the fork brace too far forward too for older forks. So has anyone found a manufacturer of these that works with older/canti braked bikes/forks?

This is the style I'm on about by the way

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&sourc ... 2987688445

Use one like the Mud max, it is a bit old style and do his job better than that one. in the early 90´s this type of mud guards were very popular with a shape more square.

A1368.jpg

Re:

That’s not what I’m talking about it’s the fork mounted ones that zip tie to the lower leg and brace, it’s just a thin bit of plastic, but the position of the holes mean you can’t use them on older forks.

Back