Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:06 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:10 am 
BoTM Winner
BoTM Winner

Jimi911's 1990 Merlin Titanium
Build: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=376093

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:03 pm 
Retro Guru

WimVDD's 1994 Colnago Master Alloy.

I finished this bike today. I never really owned one of these when they were new (didn't have the money for it as I was a student back in the mid nineties) but it was one of the bikes that were ridden by my "heroes". In this case a Belgian hero: Paul Herygers, the 1994 Cyclo Cross World Champion. Before he became the WC CX, Paul was the best Belgian mountainbiker (although he couldn't climb even a simple hill...): he was triple National Champion Cross Country ànd one of our better downhillers. We're talking 1993-1994.
1993 was the year I started mountainbike competition so Paul was one of the guys I had to compete with. That competition was only experienced from my side as I was only filling the peloton, not being any threat to Paul or other pro's.

But Paul was one of my heroes and he was riding a Colnago. He had Campagnolo, Magura and a Tioga disc drive on his bike but niow, I'm happy I could build this 1994 Master Alloy with some era correct parts: an 8 speed XT groupset, Syncros Cattle Prod stem, Onza Ufo Mongo II headset, Hoskar "Colnago" saddle, Ringlé H2O cage and a Suntour XC Pro seatpost. I only need a decent set of M737 pedals to complete it.

Attachments:
IMG_BIS.jpg
IMG_BIS.jpg [ 447.87 KiB | Viewed 967 times ]

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:10 am 
Old School Grand Master

WimVDD wrote:
WimVDD's 1994 Colnago Master Alloy.

I finished this bike today. I never really owned one of these when they were new (didn't have the money for it as I was a student back in the mid nineties) but it was one of the bikes that were ridden by my "heroes". In this case a Belgian hero: Paul Herygers, the 1994 Cyclo Cross World Champion. Before he became the WC CX, Paul was the best Belgian mountainbiker (although he couldn't climb even a simple hill...): he was triple National Champion Cross Country ànd one of our better downhillers. We're talking 1993-1994.
1993 was the year I started mountainbike competition so Paul was one of the guys I had to compete with. That competition was only experienced from my side as I was only filling the peloton, not being any threat to Paul or other pro's.

But Paul was one of my heroes and he was riding a Colnago. He had Campagnolo, Magura and a Tioga disc drive on his bike but niow, I'm happy I could build this 1994 Master Alloy with some era correct parts: an 8 speed XT groupset, Syncros Cattle Prod stem, Onza Ufo Mongo II headset, Hoskar "Colnago" saddle, Ringlé H2O cage and a Suntour XC Pro seatpost. I only need a decent set of M737 pedals to complete it.

8) i like that, you dont see them very often. Some more pics would be good :)

mark

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 1:41 pm 
Retro Guru

Nice one, Wim 8)!

Deserves some better pedals indeed, but you better have a well-filled PP account, as decent m737's tend to go for crazy money these days..

Good luck in this month's competition!

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 1:52 pm 
Retro Guru

Double-E F wrote:
Nice one, Wim 8)!

Deserves some better pedals indeed, but you better have a well-filled PP account, as decent m737's tend to go for crazy money these days..

Good luck in this month's competition!

Thanks.

And I know about the pedals... I used to ride them back in the nineties and they were really the best one could get. Don't know why I ever sold them. :cry: (maybe because I got bored of them :D )

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 12:27 pm 
Retro Guru

Since it's finished and it's sunny:

Haalands 1989 Mantis Valkyrie, sn#VK2011

Build thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=381020

ImageMantis Valkyrie VK2011 by Bjørnar Håland, on Flickr

ImageMantis Valkyrie VK2011 by Bjørnar Håland, on Flickr

Last edited by Haaland on Wed May 30, 2018 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 12:28 pm 
GOLD | PoTM | Rider | rBOTM
GOLD | PoTM | Rider | rBOTM

Now that i like!

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 1:30 pm 
Old School Grand Master

8) 8)

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 6:48 pm 
BoTM Winner
BoTM Winner

Haaland just made things very interesting! Beautiful bike; the IRD dropper post takes it over the top for me. Full IRD and Bullseye cranks make for a ridiculous spec.

The number of entries has dropped in recent months, but definitely not the quality!!

Great month again, as always...

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 7:06 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Location: Gorleston-on-sea (If there is a bright center to the universe this is place furthest from it
Well this is an impossibly difficult month to choose :facepalm: Well done everyone :D :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next