BotM May 2018 nominations

WimVDD's 1994 Colnago Master Alloy.

I finished this bike today. I never really owned one of these when they were new (didn't have the money for it as I was a student back in the mid nineties) but it was one of the bikes that were ridden by my "heroes". In this case a Belgian hero: Paul Herygers, the 1994 Cyclo Cross World Champion. Before he became the WC CX, Paul was the best Belgian mountainbiker (although he couldn't climb even a simple hill...): he was triple National Champion Cross Country ànd one of our better downhillers. We're talking 1993-1994.
1993 was the year I started mountainbike competition so Paul was one of the guys I had to compete with. That competition was only experienced from my side as I was only filling the peloton, not being any threat to Paul or other pro's.

But Paul was one of my heroes and he was riding a Colnago. He had Campagnolo, Magura and a Tioga disc drive on his bike but niow, I'm happy I could build this 1994 Master Alloy with some era correct parts: an 8 speed XT groupset, Syncros Cattle Prod stem, Onza Ufo Mongo II headset, Hoskar "Colnago" saddle, Ringlé H2O cage and a Suntour XC Pro seatpost. I only need a decent set of M737 pedals to complete it.

Attachments

• IMG_BIS.jpg
    IMG_BIS.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 6,167
WimVDD":mb5dcc2v said:
WimVDD's 1994 Colnago Master Alloy.

I finished this bike today. I never really owned one of these when they were new (didn't have the money for it as I was a student back in the mid nineties) but it was one of the bikes that were ridden by my "heroes". In this case a Belgian hero: Paul Herygers, the 1994 Cyclo Cross World Champion. Before he became the WC CX, Paul was the best Belgian mountainbiker (although he couldn't climb even a simple hill...): he was triple National Champion Cross Country ànd one of our better downhillers. We're talking 1993-1994.
1993 was the year I started mountainbike competition so Paul was one of the guys I had to compete with. That competition was only experienced from my side as I was only filling the peloton, not being any threat to Paul or other pro's.

But Paul was one of my heroes and he was riding a Colnago. He had Campagnolo, Magura and a Tioga disc drive on his bike but niow, I'm happy I could build this 1994 Master Alloy with some era correct parts: an 8 speed XT groupset, Syncros Cattle Prod stem, Onza Ufo Mongo II headset, Hoskar "Colnago" saddle, Ringlé H2O cage and a Suntour XC Pro seatpost. I only need a decent set of M737 pedals to complete it.

:cool: i like that, you dont see them very often. Some more pics would be good :)

mark

Nice one, Wim :cool:!

Deserves some better pedals indeed, but you better have a well-filled PP account, as decent m737's tend to go for crazy money these days..

Good luck in this month's competition!

Double-E F":3kvv72ss said:
Nice one, Wim :cool:!

Deserves some better pedals indeed, but you better have a well-filled PP account, as decent m737's tend to go for crazy money these days..

Good luck in this month's competition!

Thanks.

And I know about the pedals... I used to ride them back in the nineties and they were really the best one could get. Don't know why I ever sold them. :cry: (maybe because I got bored of them :D )

Haaland just made things very interesting! Beautiful bike; the IRD dropper post takes it over the top for me. Full IRD and Bullseye cranks make for a ridiculous spec.

The number of entries has dropped in recent months, but definitely not the quality!!

Great month again, as always...

Back