Longest suspension fork on a late 90s P7?

reanimation

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I've a 97/8 era P7 frame, 2 infact! I've been collecting a load of good bits but gone a bit modern with Rockshox Duke XC forks they are 460mm axle to crown I think, I've just realised that these late classic P7s are not really suspension corrected the rigid fork would be about 395mm
Quite a curve ball what to do?!
Cheers

Re:

I run Bomber Z2 X-Fly forks on my '99 P7. I *think* these are 80mm forks, but haven't got the crown to axle length to hand.

My guess would be that they make the front end ever so slightly higher than the original rigid forks. However it rides really well.

Attachments

• P7.jpg
    P7.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 397
Re:

Cool.Where did you get the front disc caliper adapter?I`d like to run discs on my 97 Z1 but like your Bombers it has the long defunct I.S. spacing and needs an adapter.

Thanks Joe, Nice looking P7! Good example too.
I've decided to build up my rough 99 as a commute/everyday thing, it's make a good test mule for various forks, theres an idea. Cheers

Re:

66 triumph daytona":5bakx2od said:
Cool.Where did you get the front disc caliper adapter?I`d like to run discs on my 97 Z1 but like your Bombers it has the long defunct I.S. spacing and needs an adapter.

Can't remember where I got them from as I've had them years but looks like they're available on ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... r&_sacat=0

Thanks for the nice comments - it's a bitsa bike but does ride really well - first orange owned, I love the way the frame handles.

Joe

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Re:

Joe_Rides":2zlsvbjr said:
66 triumph daytona":2zlsvbjr said:
They wont do.The pre 2000 I.S. forks have a 4mm difference in size between centres.

Can't remember where I got them from as I've had them years but looks like they're available on ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... r&_sacat=0

Thanks for the nice comments - it's a bitsa bike but does ride really well - first orange owned, I love the way the frame handles.

Joe

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back