Show us your BREEZER

Re:

And the last for now, a review of the Breezer Thunder in the shoot-out "Six Off-Road Workhorses", MBAction, August 1992

(sorry for the reverse order, I tried, but failed)

Attachments

• Thunder_Review6_Aug_1992.jpg
    Thunder_Review6_Aug_1992.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 1,109
  • Thunder_Review5_Aug_1992.jpg
    Thunder_Review5_Aug_1992.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 1,109
  • Thunder_Review4_Aug_1992.jpg
    Thunder_Review4_Aug_1992.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 1,108
DD, "alu-popes" is an idiom for sure--1991 is well before any papal Breezin'. As you probably suspect, the writer, like many of the day, was overly concerned with material. I've always found that STRUCTURE outweighs MATERIAL. Among steel, alu, ti, or carbon, all have their pluses and minuses. More important is structure, like trying to derive as little joinery with the most tubing. Tubing, the frame's holiness, is the star of the show.
Thank you for your props.
I'm writing from the Marin Museum of Bicycling, home of the MBHOF, in Fairfax, California. Please stop by if you're out this way!
JB

Breezin":127roxb6 said:
DD, "alu-popes" is an idiom for sure--1991 is well before any papal Breezin'. As you probably suspect, the writer, like many of the day, was overly concerned with material. I've always found that STRUCTURE outweighs MATERIAL. Among steel, alu, ti, or carbon, all have their pluses and minuses. More important is structure, like trying to derive as little joinery with the most tubing. Tubing, the frame's holiness, is the star of the show.
Thank you for your props.
I'm writing from the Marin Museum of Bicycling, home of the MBHOF, in Fairfax, California. Please stop by if you're out this way!
JB
Respect.

Re:

Well if I ever needed another reason to visit the Hall of Fame - there it is! Some day ...
Also a interesting take on frame materials. Tubing, the frames holiness - I´ll remember that one.
Thank you for contribution to the sport and thus keeping me "sano" during my last 30 yrs of MTBing.
DD

yes, another thanks to mr. breeze for his lifetime contributions and ongoing availability to the retro community. years ago i was looking for a fork to match my lightning frame, and put out a few feelers; much to my surprise joe breeze himself contacted me to tell me everything i needed to know.

Attachments

• breezer and sj 33.jpg
    breezer and sj 33.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 1,047
Re:

Hello all,

I would like to introduce to you a bike purchased from one of the RetroBike forum members, currently being thoroughly refreshed in Poland.
I am obliged to provide information about his fate. :D
This is Breezer Thunder from 1992. The whole original, very little used. The works are practically finished. Only a few details remain.
The time spent on renovation is about 60 man-hours :D
Bike is now on fresh Panaracer Smoke tires.

5.jpg

6.jpg

2.jpg

8.jpg

More renovation details and photos details on polish Retro MTB forum topic http://forum.retromtb.pl/viewtopic.php?t=7365

Re:

Finally got one in my size! 21" frame

Picked up the Storm frameset, taking a week to build it. Maiden ride on Wednesday. It's wonderful! :cool:

IMG_2000 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Mike

Back