The genuine £5k gold Prestige Muddy Fox has resurfaced...

gradeAfailure

Senior Retro Guru
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222891347107

s-l1600.jpg

Go on, who's having a punt...? ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Round the corner from me, but slightly out of my budget. Happy to help with postage if anyone is feeling non-sensical!

Re:

So, there was the Sorcerer Mega, the Courier Mega and then there was the More-Money-Than-Sense Mega for anyone prepared to pay the BIN price for this.

Re:

I seem to remember that the price new BITD was 10K.

Not a brilliant investment then even at the BIN.

Nice piece of British mountain bike history though. :cool:

Re:

Ive been offered a japanese built fillet braze, frame looks good condition, but has been stripped back to bare metal. Any idea on pricing?

That's not the 1988 one that graced the cover of the catalogue.

The 1988 one has a black frame, didn't have wishbone rear seat stay and had the Suntour XCD roller cam brakes.

jimwise68":1t5lz0bg said:
That's not the 1988 one that graced the cover of the catalogue.

The 1988 one has a black frame, didn't have wishbone rear seat stay and had the Suntour XCD roller cam brakes.

Yep, it’s a 1989 limited edition which is in the catalog on here. This thing has been doing the rounds at various over inflated price for about 5 years now. Would be a nice bike at a sensible price.

Carl

Re:

I captured this image when the real one popped up on eBay a few years back.
At least I think at the time this was thought to be genuine.

Attachments

• 4E8FEDEF-3649-4B11-8AC8-FBA4B3796698.jpeg
    4E8FEDEF-3649-4B11-8AC8-FBA4B3796698.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 402
Back