Can I ride your 1990 Explosif?

Splatter Paint

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Owners of 1990 Kona Explosifs, I have long hankered after a 1990 Explosif, but I was disappointed with the ride of the 1989 (pistachio green) one I had..... although it did look super cool. Is there any chance we could go for a ride and I could have a go on a 1990 before I spend time looking for one? I've had a 1990 Fire Mountain, Lava Dome and Cinder Cone but never an Explosif.

You can have a reciprocal go on one of my Kona stable - I have a 1993 Exposif & 1997 Hei Hei King Kahuna which are quite tasty if you like :D Alternatively I can bring the 'pig in lipstick' 1990 Fire Mountain with full XT M730 :LOL: I also have an e-stay Saracen that rides really well.

Despite being full rigid, the 1993 Explosif was merely seconds slower than the HHKK at Mayhem which has Fox forks and v-brakes, which just shows what an utterly brilliant bike the 1993 model is. Is the 1990 that good? Is it lardy? I think the 1993 Explosif is around 22 lbs, which may have something to do with the awesome performance!

I don't 'do' mud and retro though, so it's got to be a dry day :oops:

SP

Latest posts

Back