Anyone used “Spray.bike” paint? Sounds amazing!

Rotorhead

Retro Guru
I’m looking for fluro paint and came across this stuff called “spray.bike” on the Brick Lane Bikes web site. https://www.bricklanebikes.co.uk/sprayb ... uro-orange

They claim it’s dry like powder coat, touch dry in 10 mins and you don’t appear to need primer. Sounds a bit too good to be true doesn’t it?

If any of you folks have used it I’d love to hear. ESP what finish it gives. Cheers

Attachments

• 8400F8A6-5644-4DCC-9A36-3F365870C912.jpeg
    8400F8A6-5644-4DCC-9A36-3F365870C912.jpeg
    9 KB · Views: 815
Too me this is just relabeled graffiti spray paint ,
I've used it painting murals on walls Good results but not very durable long term
it's water based acrylic paint i would guess lots of colours avalible
i wouldn't trust it on a mountain bike to last long
but i may buy a can of that orange for my tange big forks..hmm

I used Halfords Fluro paint to do some forks.
Very thin ! Looked great once done (several coats & clear) started to fade VERY quickly.....

Re:

Been toying with an idea for a while and ordered some tonight, I'll let you know the outcome - I'm hoping for great things...

... carriage costs are a bit steep £8

Re: Re:

gil_m":17orxy5l said:
Been toying with an idea for a while and ordered some tonight, I'll let you know the outcome - I'm hoping for great things...

... carriage costs are a bit steep £8

Looking forward to a full report gil_m.

fiendish feet":2zoktcss said:
I've used it painting murals on walls Good results but not very durable long term

Yeah that orange looks dead cool doesn’t it? Interesting to hear your feedback fiendish feet. Have you used this exact brand before or are you referring to other acrylics?

MADJEZ":88tmq70z said:
I used Halfords Fluro paint to do some forks.
Very thin ! Looked great once done (several coats & clear) started to fade VERY quickly.....
Halford is my other option too. it’s edging it at the mo tbh...

Rotorhead":20vbp448 said:
fiendish feet":20vbp448 said:

Yeah that orange looks dead cool doesn’t it? Interesting to hear your feedback fiendish feet. Have you used this exact brand before or are you referring to other acrylics?

Rotorhead not used this brand of paint , saw the vender on the add was graffiti related.
Ive painted with most acrylic aerosols over last ten years. Beltons etc
i buy my paint from chrome & black ,2min walk from brick lane cycles .
looks very similar.
painted a few frames and forks over the years and its a gamble to get a good lasting finish with rattle cans but will see how Gil gets along first .

Back