do you still ride the trails you did your apprenticeship on?

Re:

Yess, though I actually know them now. I has forgotten most, when I started riding them again some 8/9 years ago. So it was a nice adventure (all thanks to Retrobike).
I now know how they all fit together.

Shame they are unrideable at the moment.

Re:

Began riding off road in West Yorkshire, my local trails included bridalways, a moto-x track cut into the hillside (actually the ONLY hillside around there! And where i learnt how to break bars & stems), and a lot of road riding along country lanes to link everything up. Not really any mountains to speak of :roll:

I still have family living there so get to ride the same trails a few times a year. The moto-x track is unused and overgrown now, but most of the other trails are still there.
Riding those teails now seems both familiar and new at the same time.

Attachments

• 20161018_094106-1062x597.jpg
    20161018_094106-1062x597.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 292
Re: Re:

eldridge":30bifmcx said:
I grew up mtb riding with me dad every weekend in Dalby and Langdale forest and the Dales or Moors

Still get to all of them though not so regular two or three times a year

Except Langdale - back in the day Langdale had waymarked mtb routes - red blue and green iirc?
That was before the 4x4 hire place was there, mid 90's
And Dalby had no marked trails -Just exploring with an OS map - how things have changed!
I did it on my own, or with the CTC/RSF. Also predating dalbys waymarked trails. I actually rode the first one they did a week or two after it was completed.......

Don't ride any of my old stomping grounds these days, it's a bit of a trek. And the trails local to me are quite a lot better, and more accessible.

Re:

Yes, though I'm kept working up and down Australia's eastcoast I still come back and ride the trails of Brisbane Water National Park, north of Sydney and on the same bike.

Re:

No but i hope to again. Always too many nimbys and petty minded fuss pots campaigning against cycle routes. Its amazing the resources spent stopping cyclists from having any fun.

http://www.hamhigh.co.uk/news/heath-gua ... -1-5394446

Needs a Govt backed national change in the laws so its acess
all areas imo. Not been back to Epping on a bike yet but fingers crossed.

M-Power":1b9m7csn said:
No but i hope to again. Always too many nimbys and petty minded fuss pots campaigning against cycle routes. Its amazing the resources spent stopping cyclists from having any fun.

http://www.hamhigh.co.uk/news/heath-gua ... -1-5394446

all areas imo. Not been back to Epping on a bike yet but fingers crossed.
Funny how the map and picture are two different places?

Been a long time since I rode free on the heath. (87-92) When was it restricted?

Re:

Grew up in Herefordshire with some great trails starting right outside my parents house. Used to ride the occaisionally still, but my father has just moved, so probably won’t get a chance anymore :(

Once I could drive, a few of us rode regularly around the Forest of Dean (Pedalabikeaway FTW!). Amazing riding (and a few bust frames/bones/etc.). Keen to get back there now it’s all gone trail centrey. Just need the kids to get a bit older.

Used to ride a fair bit around Bath too. And Dartmoor once a year (near Tavistock. Get trails and roads).

Now I live in Kent so don’t get to go to the old haunts. It’s nice to live on the doorstep of Bedgebury, but I do miss the option to just explore — really not enough bridleways etc. that are linked up. Maybe I should get a gravel bike!

Re:

Grew up in Herefordshire with some great trails starting right outside my parents house. Used to ride the occaisionally still, but my father has just moved, so probably won’t get a chance anymore :(

Once I could drive, a few of us rode regularly around the Forest of Dean (Pedalabikeaway FTW!). Amazing riding (and a few bust frames/bones/etc.). Keen to get back there now it’s all gone trail centrey. Just need the kids to get a bit older.

Used to ride a fair bit around Bath too. And Dartmoor once a year (near Tavistock. Get trails and roads).

Now I live in Kent so don’t get to go to the old haunts. It’s nice to live on the doorstep of Bedgebury, but I do miss the option to just explore — really not enough bridleways etc. that are linked up. Maybe I should get a gravel bike!

longun":3leq3ofo said:
I learned to ride mainly around Plymouth and Dartmoor but my latter years doing jumps etc was back oooop north

Since i returned to big wheels i ride alot around nth lincs and still to this day find the odd new section or trail.

I would love to revisit the southern haunts but time and money restrict it at mo

I grew up in Plympton so Plymbridge and Dartmoor was where I learned the ropes, between 93 and 97. I get back there once a year but sadly my go-to area for a quick after-school ride has been covered by the Drakeland mine slagheap, which left me well gutted.

M-Power":dilw9wtn said:

all areas imo.

Doubtful in this climate, where the government are intent on clamping down on anything the younger generations enjoy doing.

Back