Marin identification help please

The bulge on the seat tube is the butting, it is on the top 5cm.

Good luck with the PlusGas. It works way better than WD40, don't be tempted to scrimp!

Re:

Definitely looks like a 1992 Bolinas (my first marin and the bike that started the addiction)

Attachments

• bolinas.jpg
    bolinas.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 203
Re:

Not too important but, that seat post isn't original.

The factory one was a cheapo 2 piece jobby, bmx style if you get my drift where you need 2 spanners to adjust.

Maybe somebody forced a larger one in.....as I say, the seat post is a super rare size that isn't shared on any other marin. To get a micro adjust version would be near impossible, reinforcing my theory of a misfitted seat post.

Cheers.

Re: Re:

marc two tone":fwt9empl said:
Here's one i had donks ago.

If you near leeds, call round with it and i will try remove it. freeze spray works best.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FREEZE-SHOCK- ... SwTM5Y46c1

Don't hacksaw nowt, set fire to nowt, until you try that ^

And she's out!
Got the same freeze spray from Screwfix and on second try i actually heard it crack as the bond broke - amazing stuff, then cleaned up the post and can still see the size -26.6 and a good fit now cleaned.
Post isn't worth saving sadly - but won't be fazed by stuck seatposts anymore!
Got a nice old deore dx chainset to replace the biopace jobby as thats had it, and on with the build now....
Thanks again kind sirs!
Any one got a 26.6 seatpost? lol...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back