do you still ride the trails you did your apprenticeship on?

longun

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I learned to ride mainly around Plymouth and Dartmoor but my latter years doing jumps etc was back oooop north

Since i returned to big wheels i ride alot around nth lincs and still to this day find the odd new section or trail.

I would love to revisit the southern haunts but time and money restrict it at mo

Re:

Yep, all the old trails and cheeky blasts still get ridden. Live in the same town though so not difficult to do.

Same here, never left my area and still ride the same trails but if anything they are even better now than in the past thanks to all the new stuff thats evolved over the years.

Re:

I grew up mtb riding with me dad every weekend in Dalby and Langdale forest and the Dales or Moors

Still get to all of them though not so regular two or three times a year

Except Langdale - back in the day Langdale had waymarked mtb routes - red blue and green iirc?
That was before the 4x4 hire place was there, mid 90's
And Dalby had no marked trails -Just exploring with an OS map - how things have changed!

longun":3q6aldax said:
I learned to ride mainly around Plymouth and Dartmoor

I spent time in plymouth 92-98 & go back there a few times a year. dartmoor obviously doesnt change much, although big parts of the river tavy s.track have been washed away.
lots of the devon/ dartmoor cheeky/illegal s.track is still there :cool:

Very rarely.

Used to ride around the Mansfield area when i was first into MTB, which included Sherwood Pines, obviously well before the trails there now. Some we used to ride and others were made for the centre as it is now. Gladly they left alone some of the better trails as some locals helped them build. They also left alone the original jump spot and built a new one further along.

Its not all bad now though as i ride mainly in the Peak District :cool: The biggest difference is the hills :shock: Mansfields woods are flat!! :LOL:

Mark

Re:

Yeh been riding the same area for 20 years.

Always new routes to try if you look hard enough and are willing to carry the bike over stiles / through bog's etc

Saying that I would like to try riding another area of the country just for comparison.

Back