Why do you ride?

Re:

Because it's my antidepressant, my therapy and my release. It helps me with my struggles, it gives me the goals I need to achieve and it allows me to do things I thought I never would and see places I thought I'd never see. It's what made me realise that I can overcome my problems and has become the focus of my life so when things seem bleak I can call myself not a failure because of what I've achieved through cycling. It's the one thing in my life I refused to give up on. Some call it an addiction, I call it a saviour.

rLgBCZf.jpg

Well, Mint pretty much sums it up for me (pro tip: great interview with Jo Burt in the most recent Cranked magazine).

But, many reasons really.

I cycle to the station each day because it keeps me fit, saves a fortune on gym membership, and sets me up for the day. Start the day with a buzz rather than feeling knackered.

I cycle my modern(ish) roadie wheels of shame to see new places, challenge myself and feel a sense of achievement.

I ride retrobike MTBs for the buzz, smashing younger riders on their modern bikes (feels so good!), and the excuse to fettle at home with some good tunes and a couple of beers.

I ride with my young children because it’s awesome and I love it that they (mostly) something I love(can get a bit overly ambitious :roll: )

I ride my SS P7 and belt drive track bike because it’s fun and makes you think differently about rides you normally don’t think twice about (except for the steep hills. They’re a bitch).

But mostly I ride because I fecking love it. Always have, always will.

dyna-ti":34l9exhz said:
Because I can't drive.

Same for me.

Plus off road is just great. The great British countryside and a mtb. Perfection. Road cycling is just boring

Being returned to the best bits of childhood, the first taste of freedom, the excitement of the unknown, the sudden surprise of self sufficiency. It's there every time I ride, and, strangely perhaps, more so on an old mountain bike!

Re:

It puts everything into perspective, gives me space to just be, let's me discover unexpected places and truly appreciate being alive.

Back