Calling All Orange C16R Owners

dyna-ti":2yeoou65 said:
That's fixable :? :LOL:

Yeah it just polished out, bit of gaffer tape and a lollypop stick and its good to go.. might apply the same repair to my broken wrist if they cancel my surgery again :cry:

Re: Orange c-16r

I have a orange c-16r unknown year it's red and in real good looked after condition I'm wanting to put some suspension forks on it what ones will I require and what are today's value off these bikes ad much info as possible so I can upgrade my retro bik

Re: C16-R

Hello everyone!

I'm after a black C16-R frame (or complete bike) preferably in good condition with no marks and all the decals intact :)

If anyone has one or knows of one

Thanks

Sam

I'll add my latest one.
Looks like its been dropped on the driveside dropout/hanger, so need to heat and sort that.

At some point :LOL:

Attachments

• DSCF2900 (Custom).JPG
    DSCF2900 (Custom).JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 719
Re:

Bought one of these new in mid 95. Options I was given at the time were c16 or c16-r, the R had the forks with flat tops, and something else if I remember right. The options I had were....

Frame, silver or metallic black (wanted black but had silver in stock)
Stickers in orange black or purple. Mine had black, which I preferred.
Last option was groupset. 5 levels, I took the level 3 which was at the time called STX RC, seemed to be the sweet spot in the range, was a mix of like a dark chrome and silver metal. And instead of having the usual STX style rear deraileuer like the old SIS one, it had an XT style one. Even though whatever the dark chromed metal was probably 50% dog pap, it just looked right and probably more impressive to someone who didn’t know better than the XT stuff. £675 it cost, and I paid for it by giving up my dinner money and walking dogs. Eventually stolen, used the insurance to buy a Kawasaki AR50, and eventually spotted it for sale in cash converters and because the thief had used his mams ID he got caught. A lad I’d gone to school with. Loved that bike. Now have a 2017 crush pro in remembrance

Back