Middleburn chainring info please

d8mok

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I’ve got a set of middleburn chainrings but I’m not 100%what they should be described as. Needing to know as wanting to sell on.

They aren’t worn but have every so often a tooth missing on the middle and large rings I assume to aid shifting maybe? They are also a bronze kind of colour. I’ve got pics but far too large to upload. My other set of middleburns are just normal in comparison so left me wondering what they are.

Does anyone know what model they are ?

Re:

Sounds like the newer rings, probably hard coat finish based on your description. They usually have a part number engraved in them which will help you identify them.

They tend to be thicker below the teeth than the older ones, and a more profiled ramp for shifting.

Often you need to run a set of the same rings due to the size and spacing, but not always.

Re:

Thanks for the reply. Cranks they are fitted to appear to be RS7 with square taper and apparently they were fitted since new. Hardcoat finish sounds like the ones I have froma quick google.

Re:

Them be pretty modern rings for Middleburns as are RS7s (w.r.t. retrobike)
Get some pictures up somewhere an we can tell you much easier.

Bronzing (dark dull brown/grey) is a Hardcopy finish.
Slicks gift is a ramping profile.

4 arm 5 arm BCd?
The model coding often tells you that.

Re:

Slickshift Hardcoat (cutout and pins and colour)
CR - chainring
110 - 110 BCD
34T - 34 teeth.
5arm, because I can count them

Middle ring

31532.jpg

Re:

Hardcoat slickshift.

Wear out quite quickly I found, also hard to tell when they are worn. Much faster than the premium Hardcoat would imply, as that wore off within a few days.

Latest posts

Back