BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Rocky Mountain Fan
Brodie Fan
Feedback
View
Halfway through an already short month and here it is :roll: I'll keep this as a regular month to try and get as many entries as possible. Next month will be the first themed comp of the year.

Useful for the poll if you can structure your nomination as follows:

username's Year Manufacturer Model , e.g. John's 1990 Kona Lavadome
Image(s) MAXIMUM OF 2
Finally please include a link to your machine in the relevant Reader's Bikes section. If you don't have an existing post now is the time to add one with as much detail as you like!

10 entry maximum this month. Nominations thread will run for the entire month OR until the maximum number of entries is reached - whichever happens first. The poll will go up shortly after the nominations close and will run for a week.

Re:

Have a go before the beaut stuff comes out to play.
92 Dyna-tech OGRE
Bought last year from original owner, was running DX mechs with XT thumbshifters.
Now running with XT short cage and XT front mech, Dia compe 987 brake and Mavic M232 rims.
Be gentle first time having a go at BOTM. :facepalm:

Attachments

• 92 dynatech ogre xt.JPG
    92 dynatech ogre xt.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 10,428
Re:

In keeping with my a little bit different theme of the past few BoTMs here's my 1995 Mantis. Back to something more normal next week (assuming I've got something in the quiver that matches the theme).

Jimi911's 1995 Mantis Flying V
Build: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=335055&start=40

Then what would be the point of enthusiasts building nice bikes if you can't show them off. Have a sub £500 month or two by all means but placing a cap on it permanently would not be beneficial to this site. Members on here, me included, look forward to every months offerings of rare and fabulous machines to drool over, just like when we used to do the same reading the (MTB) mags bitd. Quite often it's not the dearest bike that wins but the one that gives you the 'fizz'.

I’m thinking that some kind of budget special is a nice idea for one month in the near future, only as a special though

Not everyone likes red Christmas ball bikes with plastic wheels, although I can imagine others will and it is certainly a classic and a nice build. It will not have my vote, money isn't everything and tastes differ. Please enter more bikes regardles of cost.

Re:

We shouldn't put a limit on the stellar builds - they are wonderful.

And I don't think it's about ££$$; but a few more 'special' months focussed on bikes-that-get-ridden would be good.

With GoPros and the like so prevalent, what about an - "I can prove I ride my bike" month?

;)

Back