time for a rant on prices

Re:

Tough one this because are we talking car boot, Gumtree, Retrobike or ebay prices? IMO you can usually use RB as about average price for bits with ebay costing a bit more and the other two offering the best chance for a bargain.

I'm sure most of us have picked up a part for a couple of quid at a car boot knowing full well it's worth far more and in this case is then selling at 4x the price (which is probably around 'market value') a problem? Or bought a badly listed 'bike' from Gumtree that had one grainy picture but you could just about make out something decent so as it was local you had a look and hit the jackpot. Again, is selling at a mark up naughty?

The flip side is the people who hover up loads of bikes just to split and sell on at stupid prices. As said though, no one if forced to buy. The only type of seller I really have a problem with is as mentioned above who low balls on here with a sob story then sells on at a premium. Not cool.

As for where all the prices for lower end bikes and parts are going through the roof can someone point me in the right direction as I'd thought the market for sub LX and main brand lower models had fallen flat. I have a garage full of tat that I've tried to sell for postage that I could do with clearing! :facepalm: :LOL:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I think there’s plenty of bargains still on eBay if you’re not in a hurry.

If you want high end, good condition and quick then yep you’re gonna pay £££...

That said I’m sure Cooks and Grafton cranks are up by 40%/50% since I last bought...

Back