brake levers

CrossFred1978

Raleigh Fan
hi guys, struggling to find a nice set of separate brake levers for cantilever set up. have been looking at
the Tiagra R550 flat bar levers (i no its roadie stuff but not much else will do :) anyone got any experience of these or could suggest something else.
im using mc38 stx rc rapidfires and dont want to change to sti.

cheers
andy

Re:

Dia Compe SS7 levers were the finest canti levers Ive ever used.Team them with 987 cantis and you have a set up that puts most of the equivalent CNC exotica set ups to shame.

yeah dia compe levers,good shout. ive just seen a couple of pairs of ss7 on ebay for reasonable money.
i will be pairing these with stx rc cantilevers,ideally i wanted to keep the entire groupset stx rc (ocd i think :LOL: ) but shimano never made seperate cantilever levers for this group.
still regret selling my xlite chicken stix a few years back when i thought i didnt have a use for them :(
lesson learned there.

andy

Re:

What about the STX-RC brake levers?
Don't they have the switch on them for high or Low pull operation? Ie V-brake or canti brake?

Attachments

• P1030667.JPG
    P1030667.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 339
they crossed my mind but i always thought the high/low setting was just to give a different feel to v brakes,i might be totally wrong though!

sheddweller1993":3bw20kwy said:
they crossed my mind but i always thought the high/low setting was just to give a different feel to v brakes,i might be totally wrong though!

Or I could be totally wrong :LOL:

If not, then you can't really go wrong with Dia comp SS5 or SS7 levers.

Back