Rhino Tec carbon rear wheel

Toon

Dirt Disciple
Anyone ever heard of a Rhino Tec carbon fibre wheel? It has a dura ace hub and some kind of rubber between the rim and carbonfibre.
p3pb15542972.jpg

Looks like some kind of triathlon road wheel to me. Non MTB.
The hub might be a hint in that direction, too.

It looks like mtb because it's 26" and the rubber between the rim and the carbon spokes should reduce shocks.
@ Retro Guru: pm me if you want to make it a pair :). I'm helping a guy that is a ritired bikeseller and he is clearing out old parts and bikes.

26" is a common triatlon road size ;)
(it's not actually 26" but very close to it. I think it was called 650 ? )

triathlon_rennrad_principia_650_lc.jpg

650c is ETRTO 571, common size for TT/Tri stuff a while back. Can be hard to spot the difference from 26" (ETRTO 559) by eye. Dura ace hub certainly suggests a roadie bias

Mine is 26" and an MTB wheel, same construction as yours. I bought it from a lbs many years ago, the owner said it was a prototype and sent as a sample...I guess the company never took off. I've run it on the front of my Klein for a long time now and it's a really great wheel, light, smooth and strong. I'll have a think about your proposal, do you have any more photos please?

Re:

One would think there has been others made but I've never seen or heard of another until now. Here's mine.
PM me about your wheel please.

Attachments

• teccc.JPG
    teccc.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 537
Back