Hardisty Columbus frame

Re:

Thanks for all the useful replies. Travelling at the moment so can't respond fully, but here's a tubing decal...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 855
Re:

That's lovely Mat and well worth saving,

If it were a size smaller I'd be telling you its rubbish and you should sent it back up North to be disposed of :LOL:

Not sure if you've thought about frame builders... but thinking North East England, Columbus tubes and that seat cluster...

I'd be thinking Paul Donohue or Kevin Winter??

Re:

If you're really concerned about the integrity of the frame, and don't want to disturb the paint, then drop it over and I'll x-ray it for you.
May be a couple of weeks though, as there are only 2 systems I work on that are big enough to fit a complete frame in!

Re:

My money is on Kev Winter. Did you get it X rayed? Looks a super cool frame. I'm working out how much it'll cost to get refurbed... I reckon about £250? (Personally I'd replace the TT)

Re:

Small bump so I don’t have to spend 30 minutes looking for the thread tomorrow. Back with me, likely for sale tomorrow - not trying to break rules... excuse me!

So a year on and I am happy to say that this beautiful and characterful Hardisty is alive and well. After being sold, it went to Matt in Banbury who kindly sold it on to me last year. Turns out the paint isn't too bad, top tube damage is really only paint damage, and no cracks.

Took a while to conclude on the seat post size, 30.6 is perfect. Frame is superlight 3.5lb Columbus Cromor tubing with the distinctive internal seat post clamp and lovely minimalist details.

Build is simple 1990 style, nothing flash, M732 XT, Suntour SE rear cantilevers and Dia Compe SS7's. Fresh rebuild of the of black XT hubs and M231's. Flite tops it off. Still looking for a 1 inch Mavic headset if anyone wants to pass on.

This build comes in at 24lbs.

First rides completed, super light and lively, this is a keeper!

Attachments

• IMG_6817.jpg
    IMG_6817.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 257
Re:

Really nice, classic British steel :cool:
Good job on the build, components look spot on, it'd be easy to get carried away with bling, but imo this is/was a (quality) workhorse race bike, so suits the "nothing flash" build you've given it, solid well made and good quality components though.

Latest posts

Back