It’s Good to See....

I guess like many, being mid 30's, when I first got into biking properly (ie racing etc) in the early 90's I always lusted after the bikes the pros and rich guys had; Zaskars, Kleins etc etc

I then progressed through to downhill racing in the late 90's/early 00's, but now look back with rose tinted glasses to my early days when it was always sunny, anodised parts was a must and bike and component technology was very much in its experimental age.

Now with a bit of expendable income (young family and mortgage greatly reducing that) I can afford to collect/play/tinker with those bikes as a 'hobby' while still riding and sometimes racing modern bikes at the same time.

In regard to M-Powers early post about 80's bikes, unfortunately for me I never really knew too much about bikes back then other than ragging an 18 speed Emmelle around, and as such admittedly don’t know a great deal about that era :oops:

Great to find a community such as Retro Bike where age isn't even really thought about.

cheers
Chris

legrandefromage":3sj6ygnz said:
I'm only 27.

Compared to some of us you can still ride like one.

Just thought id mention it in passing. Been pleasantly caught out in a few sales, having to explain whys and wherefores to 32/33yr olds about retro bling parts. They are learning the whole history on FB mostly and getting the retro bug ;) The likes of Charlie Kelly and subsequent heros that we remember eg JMC, has clearly had a marked effect on some of the modern generation.

Back