Seek and ye shall find.

videojetman

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
It’s not every day you get hold of some incredibly rare bike parts that no longer exists.
And I’m not ashamed to say there was a fair amount of begging involved in acquiring these parts.
Last year I bought one of my unicorns, a Raleigh torus titanium bike. But it was the fork that had me most excited. I was always fascinated by the x lite Rex trimnell fork, it just looked so amazing and futuristic, and still does today. Anyway the torus I bought had the trimnell fork, but soon after getting the bike and riding a few times, I found one of the stems had some breaks in the metal.
And seeing as I’m carrying a few extra pounds now, I thought it best to stop using the bike.
So after thinking and trying to sell the bike without success. It just stayed in my shed.
So I thought I would put it out there that I was looking for a pair of the incredibly rare trimnell stems.
And my patience paid off.
I now have in my hands the stems I so desperately needed.
And to top it all off is the incredibly rare straight bar.
So the moral of this story, never give up on finding that illusive part you need to get your cherished bike rideable again.
Thanks for reading.
Jeff.

Attachments

• FD7F7FAB-3C35-42F5-AB10-E4FD14090844.jpeg
    FD7F7FAB-3C35-42F5-AB10-E4FD14090844.jpeg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,030
  • 7EF99E0A-9662-402A-B3F2-9572B3C07DE7.jpeg
    7EF99E0A-9662-402A-B3F2-9572B3C07DE7.jpeg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,030
Re: Re:

cherrybomb":1bu1drqj said:
Top stuff. :cool:

Bet you're chuffed to bits. (That means 'a bit happy' for our American viewers).

I think buying a lottery ticket might be a good idea now, you never know.
Very happy indeed.

Re:

Great result. I considered buying the bike when it was for sale as I love the Trimnell forks, but the crack put me off. Glad to hear it's all coming together.

I have a bit of a problem.
the grub screws which bolt the stems to the legs. 4 are seized and the grub screw heads are rounding off.
any ideas on getting the grub screws out once the heads are rounded off ?

Back