last year of Brodie's made by Paul?

VanIsle

Dirt Disciple
There's a Brodie for sale nearby serial# in the 4200's (1996?) - haven't seen many posted at this end of the serial number scale.

is that just due to Paul winding down about then, or are they the less desirable than the late 80's & early 90s frames?

Is there a final serial number for the last frame from Paul from that era?

Thanks

Re:

That one is getting very close to the end.
Still one of the good ones I believe.
#4261 might be the last one.
With a handle like that you must be on
Vancouver island. If so you better buy
that fast before Shamus or Dylan scoops you. :LOL:

Re:

Thanks Roy, I'm sure Shamus & Dylan have already seen it as it's on Pink Bike as well. It's got low end components on it and he's asking too much in my opinion.
Cheers

Re:

Hey vanisle, the word i got from paul some years ago by now is the last number for his hand-built frames from that era is 4261, just like roy mentioned. there have been special orders through brodie bikes and paul's special projects(i.e. whippet, giraffe bike and other frames built for the north american hand-built bike shows- check his web page 'flashbackfab.com' to see the incredible work he does) that continue beyond 4261. i was corresponding recently with someone looking for brodie decals who had a 4-digit serial number that fits the sequence that was a sovereign custom-built with single-speed rear dropouts made in 1999! any frame with more than 4-digits is a post-paul offshore made brodie bike. you have to watch libidos closely for that, as i've seen 4-digit libidos and mega-multi-digit(like 7 or 8 digits) libidos that sure look like paul's(earlier), but they aren't.

Back