This mornings pick up at car boot

Re:

Took the bike up my mates bike shop today to give the bb a little tweak and adjust the brakes... Took it out after for a short blast. I now understand when people say how nice db's of this age ride so well.
Found it very fitting even at 21"... I only have a 29" inside leg but it fitted me fine.
It should be for sale soon(after a few more rides of course) :D

Re:

That's lovely! I picked up one with the smokey paint last year & I'm still kinda kicking myself for selling it!

Attachments

• Diamond back Ascent EX 0001.jpg
    Diamond back Ascent EX 0001.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 392
Re:

oooohhh i like that.....i have a 89 jamis diablo in that same paint design....its been down the cellar for nearly two years now awaiting its turn in the fleet for a good service and a bit of tlc...

there are some really nice old db's that are turning up now and again for little money...i dont think there is a better marque for the money if you need something cheap but decent....

i agree you were mad to let it go... :facepalm: just out of interest,how much did it go for

Even the 'low end' Topanga was the same True Temper frame found most of the way up the range for quite a few years in the early 1990's

Re:

Its great to see some love for Diamond Back.

There have certainly been more surfacing recently which is fantastic.

Re: Re:

Retro junkie":14c8lp11 said:
oooohhh i like that.....i have a 89 jamis diablo in that same paint design....its been down the cellar for nearly two years now awaiting its turn in the fleet for a good service and a bit of tlc...

there are some really nice old db's that are turning up now and again for little money...i dont think there is a better marque for the money if you need something cheap but decent....

i agree you were mad to let it go... :facepalm: just out of interest,how much did it go for

I stuck it on Evilbay for £125, I think I took £110 for it. The chap who brought it had one bitd & drove down from Birmingham for it, so i was pleased to know it was going to a good home.
I do have a soft spot for Db everyone I've had has been a good bike to ride & nicely built, I'm also partial to a Ridgeback.

Back