Zaskar le winter project

timber63

Dirt Disciple
Hi just purchase a purple 93 zaskar le , a lot of scratches on it was thinking of removing the purple adonizing any ideas how to remove thanks :xmas-cool:

Re:

Well it was just that it had a lot of scratches on , any why of touching them up. I like the colour , I will try and put a picture but not very good at that :facepalm:

The trick with caustic soda and not degrading the aluminum is speed. The window is pretty tight and I’d seek professional help if you’re not of the engineering mind. The tub needs to be large enough to fully submerge the frame at one time. Maybe Rampage can weigh in. He’s a local SME on the topic.

Re:

I tried sharpie and other marker pens on mine, it didn't work. Pen ink is very thin and watery and you can still see the scratches through it. For an anodised finish using nail varnish is a much better option.

Sean

Smithjss70":23n5e89y said:
If my wife knew how many bottles of her polish I’ve obsconded through the years she’d blow a gasket.

Chance looking like an oddball and take your bike frame into a cosmetics store instead :LOL: :LOL:

Hi think I will have a check through the wife nail varnish see what's she's got and if not looks like I'm of to boots ;)

Back