What's the rarest part you own?

Re:

All quite rare parts...

Here is what I think is rare in my collection.

Some Manitou disc forks

A Kamikaze Aluminator 160

and a Schwinn Proto (sorry about the Yeti decal ;-)

Personally, I have found that it takes either money or patience to pick up those parts that are super rare, or really sought after, as I have never had the former I rely on the latter – it's taken me 6 years to get the rims and hubs together for one bike.

Re: Re:

Loungekabouter":1c67vuh5 said:
All quite rare parts...

Damn! :cool:

Do you have a build thread or any more information about the Kamikaze? The Schwinn is sweet too... and you know Christmas is coming!?

al.

Re:

Nuke proof reactor frame? I'm slowly sourcing the parts to get it up and running. I believe it will be only one of a handful (or less) complete and working ones when finished. It will have some quite rare nuke proof carbon bars and bar ends when built up, along with some matching hubs, and some very rare titanium nuke proof skewers.

A set of 100% true spin wheels, quite rare I believe.

Other trinkets in the stash but nothing I'd consider as rare, though rare for me might be someone else's common.

Re: Re:

Loungekabouter":2b1xhobx said:
All quite rare parts...

Some Manitou disc forks

Love that Kamikaze :shock: This site never fails to amaze me with some crazy rare bike members have :cool:

Re:

Probably my October 1993 ink blue GT Zaskar frame.

7ZnnZDPl.jpg

According to everything I've read & everyone I've spoken to, this frame shouldn't exist as Ink Blue wasn't a colour option until 1995, so the earliest frames should be Oct/Nov 1994.

Maybe not as boutique, or as valuable, as some, but as rare as rare gets as far as I can gather, as I'm not aware of any others out there.

Actually mate.....pure luck is more likely.

Doug Bradbury Manitous - £50 attached to a 89 Marin Palisades with a bonus Atac stem! -ebay (bad photos)
Full set of NOS Avid Tri-aligns- £5 from the car boot

to name but two.

Rod_Saetan":3tc9kb16 said:
Personally, I have found that it takes either money or patience to pick up those parts that are super rare, or really sought after, as I have never had the former I rely on the latter – it's taken me 6 years to get the rims and hubs together for one bike.

@ Al: yes I started a tread on the kamikaze a few months ago.
But I'm still looking for more input on that bike.

Also on the schwinn proto (ARC) I'm searching for details.

And Christmas.... yes... a gary fisher rs1 is on its way !

Cheers
Jeroen

Back