Marinovative Decelerators - My attempt to make my own pair.

Re: Re:

davemev":2do7ajyd said:
This is such an amazing project, I can’t wait for more updates!
People like you are majorly inspirational and I wish I had the means to do something like this myself. Keep up the good work!

Must be very satisfying to be able to do this, always been in awe of Danson and Rampage for all the cool stuff they get up to also.

Tada! Version 0.9 ready for a test drive!

(I know the pads are on backwards, I had them mounted on the rear wheel before and forgot to exchange them)

Re:

That’s some great work. Congrats!

Ben Capron gave me a hand setting mine up. He said they work better with a longer tether. They have a bit longer pull than typical cantilevers and a bit shorter than v brakes. Once you get them right they work amazing. I have a pic of my setup ... let me steal it back from photobucket ;)

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":3mtwsvdq said:
davemev":3mtwsvdq said:
This is such an amazing project, I can’t wait for more updates!
People like you are majorly inspirational and I wish I had the means to do something like this myself. Keep up the good work!

Must be very satisfying to be able to do this, always been in awe of Danson and Rampage for all the cool stuff they get up to also.

My thoughts too. Love these threads :cool:

First test tour today.

It works. But it needs some tweaking. It feels like a V-brake used in conjunction with non-V-brake levers.

Look great, and glad they (mostly) work.

Could always be worth trying with V Brake levers if you can't stop them being a bit grabby with canti levers.

Back