Most paid for that illusive part?

Re: Re:

Smithjss70":1tf4sebh said:
Anything WTB

This is the same for me. I spent circa $500 each for some WTB shifter mounts and a WTB/King headset earlier this year, once shipping and taxes were added.

Gave this some more thought. It would be in 2011 for my 2005 Trimble frame £855 including postage fee. Maybe the only late era Trimble in UK? A bargain as a 07 29er Trimble sold on eBay for £4500 this yr.
Also paid £1000 for a late 80's Trimble in 07

Re:

You know you have gone in deep on a retro build when a top of the range modern rig seems quite cheap by comparison :LOL:

Re:

Bought a 1990 Klein Attitude about 13-14 years ago off German eBay that the chap wouldn't post. Collection involved:

Drive to Manchester airport, pay for 2 days parking
Plane from Manchester to Stuttgart
Train from Stuttgart to Baden-Baden
One hour drive in hire car from Baden-Baden to sleepy hillside town, and back
Train back to Stuttgart and stay in hotel for the night

I then had to buy a bike travel case thingy to take the bike back in the hold of the plane.

Also have to factor in the 30 odd quid the bank took off me for doing a two day international money transfer as I didn't want to travel with cash, and seller wanted payment upfront.

Never calculated the actual cost of buying the bike, but it was worth it.

[Even if the only original things left from the original build as bought are the frame / forks / MC1...!]

My Royce hubs were pretty pricey at £1025. I'd say over priced. Considering the rear is not light by any standard. Should be lighter as its carbon and Ti. In fact this will be only time i buy Royce. Hope and Extralite are miles better and are cheaper.

Attachments

• Royce.JPG
    Royce.JPG
    178.3 KB · Views: 589
BoyBurning

Thats a hell of a story for a KLEIN freak like me! Nice... Stuttgart area is pretty nice though!

Cheers

When you think restoring a cracked early Yeti ARC frame is the way to keep the costs down on it.... what with sending it over to Frank for repairs and then onwards to Spectrum for the paint job... hell to the no. Won't be doing that again for sure!

LeeDevelopment":3d1jsvdb said:
When you think restoring a cracked early Yeti ARC frame is the way to keep the costs down on it.... what with sending it over to Frank for repairs and then onwards to Spectrum for the paint job... hell to the no. Won't be doing that again for sure!

....and respect to Boyburning. Thats real passion for your dream bike. :cool:

My 2010 STORCK Scenario Road is a 5.000 Euros bike. I won it for 1.900 and sat down in my car and drove 1.100 kilometers on one day ...if that counts :-D

Latest posts

Back