What's the rarest part you own?

any123":fr4pzmqw said:
New C2 No2 (Entire system)

Hope 1st gen rear hub and cable brake - Find me another new outside Hopes own museum.
But fair enough, Plenty made, used, broken, flung out.

So :)

Hope disc mount on screw on mono, with 140mm 4 bolt rotor and C2 No10 caliper. Single speed prototype only one in existence.

Hope Front high flange drilled, with alloy rotor- Done at Hope, style not released to the public.

Hope high flange screw on with disc mount- Seemingly the prototype for the 5 bolt spider interface. Not released to public.

Ti-Glide 2-piece 10mm bolt through axle.

Three on one bike; Selle Italia DSA Alpine saddle, Mark 1 Magura Brake set and Crank Brothers Mallet pedals.
And Scott Drop Ins on another.

Re:

This thing..... very rare and very expensive to run..........oh and that old 94 Funk Force gs frame aint too common either :cool:

Attachments

• P3190152 (Custom).JPG
    P3190152 (Custom).JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 598
Re:

NOS Goldtec TiNitride front and rear hubs, cassette, and matching chainrings.

Possibly not the rarest things in the world, but certainly took me years to complete the set!

Again, not especially rare maybe, but on the same bike I have a full set of saddle and wheel QRs by Zero. Titanium rods, with red levers, by a little UK company that weren't around for a very long time.

Oh, and 4 pairs of Footwork cantilevers - a small boutiquey Dutch brand formed by a chap called Pedro van Hout. [and a Footwork brake booster before I forget].

Re:

Speaking of Zero, I recently acquired a 'Hermann' prototype stem which is an awesomely stylish chunk of machining, and a set of Grey Components V brakes from the same seller.

Other recent goodies include some custom Campag Record OR parts; the rear mech sports an engraved badge and the thumbshifters are polished silver with machined caps. Lush!

Re: Re:

BoyBurning":1p566gny said:
ferrus":1p566gny said:
Speaking of Zero, I recently acquired a 'Hermann' prototype stem which is an awesomely stylish chunk of machining

Pics? :)

When my missus complains about how many bikes I have, I show her your signature... thanks mate.

al.

Re: Re:

Antstark":28ab3le7 said:
This thing..... very rare and very expensive to run..........oh and that old 94 Funk Force gs frame aint too common either :cool:

I think I owned that frame once! my ex wife used it,very rare :)

Back