AMP Research research

Re:

Aside from the Stem, the B4 is how i want it, brakes and gears all set up now. However i found that my new Risse Shock isn't holding pressure. So manged a quick loop round the garden and that was it. So the B3 went out for a jaunt

Attachments

• B3 Jungle December 17 1 .jpg
    B3 Jungle December 17 1 .jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 982
  • B3 Jungle december 17 2.jpg
    B3 Jungle december 17 2.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 983
  • B3 Jungle December 17 again.jpg
    B3 Jungle December 17 again.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 982
  • B3 Jungle december 17.jpg
    B3 Jungle december 17.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 983
  • B4 Dec 2017 Front.jpg
    B4 Dec 2017 Front.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 983
  • B4 Dec 2017.jpg
    B4 Dec 2017.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 985
Re:

Akula
Nice looking bikes. sorry to hear about the Risse, hopefully you get it sorted.
My silvwr b4 lools very similar..I have the Panaracers on it too. Finishes rthe bike off nicely.

Re:

Panaracers helping with my hint of Red theme. Had the same tyres on there B3 but wasn’t gripping very well, they were quite hard and there were chunks of rubber breaking off. Will see how the B4 compares once I’ve got a working shock. I’ve got some fresh rubber waiting to go on the B4 if the old tyres don’t work.

Also my shock was rubbing on the seat post mounting. I’ve fitted a washer on both the lower bolts between seat post mount and the front triangle to give some clearance for the shock. It’s still close for and I will keep an eye on it in case the seat post mount flexes once my ( not inconsiderable) weight is on it .

nice b3 and b4, but they look a little "small" for you with the seatpost and stem setups you have.

also it looks like the shock you have on the b3 has too much travel, as the seat stay shock mount looks to be contacting your seat tube! :shock: :?

Re:

Okay, I've broken the frame down and removed the DU bearings using a vice but does anyone have any suggestions on how to dismantle the fork? The pivot pins are too long to use that method again, so am I looking at making a specific tool to do this job; something along the lines of this?

Attachments

• pin removal tool.jpg
    pin removal tool.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 870
Re:

You need to push/hammer out the fork pins. There is/was an amp tool for this and iirc had a shoulder that sat on the outer edge of the pin, and a small area that slipped inside it, acting as a guide.

Re:

Looking through the service manual there are two "pin presses" that AMP made which I'm guessing are the two rectangular tools in the centre right of the image below(?).

I've not had much luck finding any specifics on these but I did try "tapping" the pins and they didn't budge, so I'd rather find a different solution to whacking them.

Attachments

• AMP-Research-service-Parts-Tools-Shocks-Huge-Lot.jpg
    AMP-Research-service-Parts-Tools-Shocks-Huge-Lot.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 856
Re:

I managed to tap them out using the amp tool I bought from them. I don't recall needing to use a lot of force, but I can see why youd want to go gentle. I hope you get it sorted.

Latest posts

Back