32 or 36 Hole?

@dalbyinthe90s

Dirt Disciple
Just after some opinions please..

32 or 36 hole - which was more common for Hope/Ringle/Middleburn hubs from the mid 90s?

Reason is i've seen some nos rims for sale but they're 36 hole. Would like one of the 3 brands above for my hubs and just want check that I wouldn't be making it extra difficult for myself to get hubs to suit at a later date.

Cheers.

They are both reasonably common but I would say 32 hole just edges it as most people wanted a lighter wheelset, less spokes = lighter ;)

Re:

But 36h rims and hubs have more holes = lighter.

I jest of course but there must be a slight weight saving with more holes which is then added to by the extra spokes?

They all come in both drillings, people tended to go for the 32h version more, as stated above which is why i think the 36h rims stay on the shelves longer.

If you cannot bunnyhop worth toffee or ride light like me then 36 is king. The 32/36 debate is off topic as thats about Hope Hub 36 availability but I just felt like exercising my typing........ :oops:

Thanks guys. So possibly I'm seeing more nos 36 hole rims for sale 'cos people aren't parting with original 32 hole stuff so much then...

You've all got me thinking that I'll take my time and source 32 f & R.

Cheers, Rich.

32F 36R wasnt uncommon.

I reckon most started of 36/36 till suspension arrived and went 32h f 36r as you didnt need as strong.

Well that was my reason :LOL:

Latest posts

Back