AlpineStars Full Suss 1991-92

I saw that bike on a magazine cover. Perhaps MBUK… and the bike was red :D
Et voila :D

Interestingly it was as late as August '92 when MBUK had that...when a later-looking proto had already been photographed by VTT in late '91, and it was already in the '92 catalogue in chrome and alu.

All the best,

Attachments

• MountainBiking_Cover1.jpg
    MountainBiking_Cover1.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 582
Re: Re:

al-onestare":3bz6lhoz said:
Off tangent slightly but does anyone know or better yet, have a scan of the Ti Kona Hot?
The 1992 ti Kona of the french rider Nathalie Fiat, who rode it both in XC and DH. But it was a HEiHei, not a Hot (clic on the picture)

Rampage":27h4so0q said:
Regan posted something about these on Facebook the other day.

Hi Chris
I saw a post on FB, you’re indeed correct. I’d never seen the VTT version, so props to the French for that undeniable scoop.

All I recall was that aforementioned photo of the CroMo red T-44 Porto, but I (incorrectl) remembered it as MBA Mag with a belief, possibly wrong again, it was ridden by then-team racer, Tom Rodgers.

TBH I think I’ve forgotten more than I ever knew, and I can’t remember the story of the doomed T44 now. Certainly by the end of 19o2 though, Alpinestars weren’t doing quite so well due to a lot of warranties and recalls on the 91 Al Megas and stems. Seemed like the death knell for them and sales waned further in 93, plus the trend was less-so for e-stays and other FS systems were being developed at a very fast pace.

Great bit of history in those things though. Well done Dan for bringing it here. :)

Re: Re:

24pouces":2fy672y4 said:
al-onestare":2fy672y4 said:
Off tangent slightly but does anyone know or better yet, have a scan of the Ti Kona Hot?
The 1992 ti Kona of the french rider Nathalie Fiat, who rode it both in XC and DH. But it was a HEiHei, not a Hot (clic on the picture)

Brilliant, thank you!

Re:

Some pictures from VTT Magazine September 1992, where the futur 93 bikes where shown.
Here's the Alpinestars page, where Alpinestars come back to more classic geometries. The suspension bike is very different from the T44.

Looking for my Fast Eddies bike, I think designed by Bill Stevenson who worked for Fisher first and Alpinestars (He created the Montare-EOS concept). Rear suspension are similar from the 92 prototype

(Pictures from Mountain Bike Action)

Back