Scrat

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi all
I have just purchased my next project which I thought was a 94 clockwork
It's matte black and has original graphics
The odd thing though, is it has a Ø30.0 seatpost

I'm thinking that its a 95 C16R that was finished as a 94 bike at the end of the year because the factory had run out of the 94 frames

IMG_0227.PNG

Can someone please advise :facepalm:

I think there are a fair few oddities from Orange like yours - I have a rather similar P7 with frame details from 1995 but 1996 decals and frame number. I suspect that Orange ordered small batches with lots of running changes.

Re:

No reason it's not a 1994 Clockwork as I have one the same and it also has a 30mm seat post. Some point in the 1994 model year they changed from Tange Infinity tubes to their own brand and at this point the seat tube diameter changed. I also had one of the first ever C16's a few years back and this was also a 1994 built bike.

I assume the change of tubes originally would have been the 15th revision of the Clockwork with the 16th (C16) coming shortly after.

tintin41":1h1stuov said:
when you going to build?

Soon, Very soon

aUBShPsz.jpeg

I wasn’t going to do a build thread (they feel like a monologue)
Parts bin special, Disc brake modification
Planning to do a Race on it in March
Aim is to beat a junior colleague who was born in 1994, that’s why I wan to confirm the age

Re:

I had one that looked exactly the same as that, orange tubing and that took a 30.0 seat post. I think mine was a 94.

Back