Hello all, retro or not !!

snu

Retro Newbie
Hi all, picked up a Marin B17 at the weekend and have found myself here, would like to know the date of it to know if it is considered as "Retro" or not.

The frame number is "F800FAC170" the other number is "2080C"

Cheers

Clive

Attachments

• 008_resized.jpg
    008_resized.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 638
Hello and welcome. It's after 97 I can tell you that so wrong section but it's still got v mounts so I'd guess early 2000s which is not quite retro to me but I suppose that's an age thing. Still nice though.

Re:

It's retro but in a newer kind of way.
So pop into the 1998+ retro section and get some pics up.
Catalogues for Marins are in the Archive&Gallery.
And well many here have/had/will at some point have one of these style Marins

Re:

Hopefully this works, this one was purpose built in 2003 at a cost of £2,300, Mavic wheels, Hope hubs and hydrolic brakes, King headstock bearing, bomber front shocks, Fox rear suspesion ect, ect.

The frame was stripped but will polish up quite easily, in polished alloy is this a collectale bike !!, I might get the front forks blasted and polished to match the rest !!

Cheers

Clive

Attachments

• 008_resized.jpg
    008_resized.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 646
Wouldn't say collectable as such but certainly a well regarded bike. The earlier ones didn't have disc mounts, and early 2000's they changed the shape of the frame, presumably for the better but you never know.
Mine us similar design to yours, does a good job for me. If it rides the way you like then as you say, give it a tidy up and keep it going

Back