Kirk Drop out

Re:

I do but the threads are shite as the hanger is made out of material as soft as cheese

I believe a helicoil kit is available from to give a new lease of life to hangers.

Never used one but are commonly used especially on frames with replaceable hangers... https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/accessories ... ch-hanger/

I'll look it out and get back to you, in the meantime checkout the link above, it might be all you need anyway.

Spud

Re:

Thanks for the quick reply, checked out the link, it looks like that is what id need to through the hole in the frame then bolt the mech hanger onto that, am i correct?
So i'd need both a helicoil kit and the mech hanger?

LDuffs

Re: Re:

Lduffs":tor0cdeb said:
Thanks for the quick reply, checked out the link, it looks like that is what id need to through the hole in the frame then bolt the mech hanger onto that, am i correct?
So i'd need both a helicoil kit and the mech hanger?

LDuffs

(Generally) You'd only use one of these on a frame that doesn't have a replaceable mech hanger as it would as the name implies save the frame.

however since you can no longer buy replacement Kirk hangers you'll need to fit one to it

whats wrong with your hanger ?

Re:

Uh I getcha.
What's wrong is I don't have one. The bike is currently set up as single speed as it's missing

Re: Re:

Lduffs":2b32v2se said:
Uh I getcha.
What's wrong is I don't have one. The bike is currently set up as single speed as it's missing

ah, that is a show stopper then I guess :LOL:

let me dig it out and get back to you, hopefully theres enough meat on it to take a helicoil / framesaver jobbie

Re:

Found the hanger.

More than enough metal on it to take a frame saver if you want to go down that route.

Re:

Hey. Am currently getting one 3D printed by a friend of mine, made one up a couple of weeks back but it wasn't strong enough, fortunately he's just got a new 3d printer which can print in a stronger material which fingers crossed will work.
If it doesn't I'll get in touch with you.

Thanks
Lewis

Re:

Lewis

it'll be in the post tomorrow, including all the fittings to hang the hanger on the frame.

Attachments

• thumbnail_WP_20171211_11_23_54_Pro.jpg
    thumbnail_WP_20171211_11_23_54_Pro.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 531
  • thumbnail_WP_20171211_11_24_44_Pro.jpg
    thumbnail_WP_20171211_11_24_44_Pro.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 531
Hi Duffs,

You might want to check your Kirk model first...

I sent the CAD files for printing a Kirk Precision replacement hanger, as requested...
Spud has a Revolution hanger.
They are not the same part and I don't think they're interchangeable.
The Precision one is flimsy plastic, the Revolution one is a chunky piece of aluminium.

Very different animal:
Revolution:

Precision:

All the best,

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 516
  • Kirk 2 RH side.jpg
    Kirk 2 RH side.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 516

Latest posts