What’s the one bike you really want but cant find, etc

Re: Re:

Mr.Toad":3cky4z3y said:
Not a traditional flatbar mtb, but dreamy none the less.

1987 Cunningham.

If anybody on here has ever ridden a Ham like this, how does it ride ? Is it super stiff like an early Klein or softer like a Dale ? Whats the handling like on twisties, fast downhill along ruts and also its climbing ability ? :?

93 Explosif or an early Trek OCLV, in 16-17 inch guise! Never seen the Kona in the smaller sizes and whilst I have seen the Trek on a couple of occasions, wallet said no at the time! One day though!

Re:

Have to say I like the blue collar steel bikes with solid forks, so in no particular order: Explosif, Clockwork, Stumpjumper or high end Marin.
Starting with a frame I'd have handbuilt wheels and finish with XTR.
Then ride lots. :cool:

1989 Marin Pine Mountain, the year they had gloss grey frames, pre Zolatone but still with the Neon orange forks, bars, etc. I’ve got a 91 but always liked the earlier ones.

Re:

Mine would have to be Dave Yates' own Vulcan the prototype,i don't think that will ever be for sale.

Attachments

• file-19-1.jpg
    file-19-1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 625
benjabbi":3lowqueo said:
93 Explosif or an early Trek OCLV, in 16-17 inch guise! Never seen the Kona in the smaller sizes and whilst I have seen the Trek on a couple of occasions, wallet said no at the time! One day though!

I had 3 OCLVs back in the early to mid 90s. Lovely ride but they had a tendency to break (I went through 3 frames in a year).

Not a bike, but a part only. On the search for a Litespeed ti fork for a few years now. Asked everyone. Looked everywhere. Not a single step closer to even an owner thinking of selling one.

Re:

An early Merlin with the rear brakes at the bottom bracket. If I found one I would have Steve Potts make a type 2 fork for it (for roller cam brakes), and then I could die happily :D

Chris

Back