longun

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
As title please, anyone know how long it is or can measure theirs please

Cheers

Chris

Chris

I think its 165mm but I'll go and measure up.

and far play to yah, your long over due for buying something decent rather than that normal tat you collect :facepalm:

Retro Spud":3do88b09 said:
Chris

I think its 165mm but I'll go and measure up.

and far play to yah, your long over due for buying something decent rather than that normal tat you collect :facepalm:

cheers mate, progression eh haha :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: if you measure yours that would be great. Got a frame coming minus the shock so going to find a replacement. could you measure the width of the eyelet bushings also please?

ta

Re:

Are you looking for the original stratos (iirc) shock? I think I have one in fine fettle if so. If not, I've a couple of ario shocks (one with remote lock out) in 165mm, or a fox vanilla rx piggy back (coil/air) in that size.

Re: Re:

ishaw":3qkmknps said:
Are you looking for the original stratos (iirc) shock? I think I have one in fine fettle if so. If not, I've a couple of ario shocks (one with remote lock out) in 165mm, or a fox vanilla rx piggy back (coil/air) in that size.

X1's came in three versions,

entry level took the Dyna Mount with a spring - XC model took the Stratos A.N.A and the Pro/DH version a Fox Alps 4R
and if you had a few more bucks you could have the Stratos I.C.D lockout - Jussa the only owner I know who owns an X1 with a I.C.D

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,072

ishaw":1gayzngc said:

price pending and if 165 is the correct size dude :D

i wont be getting the frame till late next week or weekend so no mad rush to find them unless theyre at hand. hping the paint/chrome isnt too bad. did the pro come with alloy rear ends?

longun":rtx134nh said:
did the pro come with alloy rear ends?

I believe they were all Steel, it was more to do with groupset and suspension, the Pro came with Red DH Judys and an Alps - XC ran a Stratos and Gold XC Judys and the entry level Quadra 21R's

And none of them could ever be considered the prettiest girls at the dance.... :D

Re:

This one's got an alloy rear end, with no disc tabs like the late x2? But on an x1 frame. Fingers crossed it's a good un

longun":29lzo136 said:
This one's got an alloy rear end, with no disc tabs like the late x2? But on an x1 frame. Fingers crossed it's a good un

Interested to see it... Could be quite a rare beast !

would make for an interesting fusion if it's still retained the bent (Iconic) down tube of the X1

*I use the word Iconic in jest, I know its just fooking different.....

Mine's a very early version, X1's came out just on the cusp of V-Brakes hence mine running Canti's.... most were sold with V-brakes (canti mount on rear triangle removed) but never ever seen an X1 with Disc's mounts from the factory

Attachments

• DSCF7136.jpg
    DSCF7136.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 1,034
Re:

Here's the shock I have. It's an xc pro and 165mm in length. It's got 2 types of adjustment, rebound and compression/lock out from what I can gather. Aside from a small rub on the can, it's pretty minty. I've not fitted it to a bike, I've been searching for an air option for my RTS and thought I could have something machined to fit this shock, but I need something shorter to start with length wise, which is hugely annoying as not much about that can be modified as I need it.

Attachments

• 2017-10-23 23.01.56.jpg
    2017-10-23 23.01.56.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,019
  • 2017-10-23 23.01.33.jpg
    2017-10-23 23.01.33.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 1,019
  • 2017-10-23 23.01.12.jpg
    2017-10-23 23.01.12.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 1,019
  • 2017-10-23 23.00.45.jpg
    2017-10-23 23.00.45.jpg