Do you prefer to collect a Specific Brand or Brands & Why ?

Re: Re:

Truly poignant. It's so tangible I feel like I'm almost there:

I can remember riding with these guys, past golden fields of corn and oileseed rape, the sound of silence punctuated by bees, the sun on our backs, sometimes flints flying up from the wheels as we descended at speed but in those moments i have never been happier. You wished the trails and days would never end. Then the tea a flap jack stops were legendary. Then falling asleep in the mail carriage on the train back home. Happy days :)

Mostly what I lusted over bitd but couldn't afford, i.e. the Pace and the D.O.G.S. British stuff.

The Tim Gould Schwinn is there purely because I won a MTB mag comp' and got to spend the '93 Newnham Grundig with Tim and the rest of the Elite - so it is something really special!

If I had the space and the cash, then I'd add an Orange Clockwork, and probably a Ti X-Lite or Orange.
It'd be cool to own another splatter Kona, as my first 2 bikes were Cindercones and they were great - but I'd upgrade to a green splatter Explosif :D

Re:

Konas, because the 1991-93 ones looked just right and I always wished I'd got a '93 Kilauea instead of a '93 Cannondale. The problem was that the only Kilaueas left that year had Suntour kit and everyone knew by then that Suntour was finished.

For me, it is a question of branding, aesthetics and utility features.
Most of my favofite brands end in the year when they convert production to Asia.
I have Cycle Track CroMoly frame (Arizona garage brand 97') - custom built on it. Too short for me, unfortunately.
Cannondale F700 sl 06' - one of last frames made directly in USA - love it.
Now buying OCLV Trek carbon frame 97'.
Looking for C'dale frame with 1/1,8 P-Bone rigid fork im M size - triangle or delta geometry...
It's a show of craftsmanship and all of these frames are timeless.
Even my grandchildren will be able to ride on them with plesure :)

Re:

Classic diamond front end Breezers for me. 'Cos they look so great and ride beautifully. Oh, and Joe is a lovely guy.

I tend to go through obsessions with different frame materials having been riding various aluminium frames for the last 6 months I've bought some 531 frames to get me through thw winter along with a humorously entitled King Ace tubed frame...

Back