Scott unishock LF VR system forks.....recalled??

artfulflounder

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Picked up a free kona hahanna.. ...seems original.

Race light seat & bars, velocity stem, kona levers.
Shimano acera x groupset.

It's fitted with Scott unishock liteflite LF VR system forks.
The ones with carbon effect legs.

Stuck in fully compressed...was doing a search for elastomer but read these shocks may have been recalled by Scott.

Can anyone verify this? No point servicing them if they're unsafe to use.

Any opinions greatly appreciated

Re:

Ive had a few different sets of the Scott Unishocks, I think there was a recall on certain serial numbers but that would have been decades ago (literally).
Tbh even if they mussed thr recall i doubt they're any more dangerous than most of the 20+ year old suspenion forks out there.

You could try asking Scott if they'll honour the recall, be interesting to see what they have to say :LOL:

Re:

Everything but the original 1991-92 production Unishocks (which didn't have a sub variant model code) were recalled. Scott Sports lists all their recalls including the fork one on their website. You can email to ask them if they still offer a replacement of any sort for them. I just did for one I have which is otherwise going to go on ebay as a parts/not-working suitable only for turning into a lamp or display piece of vintage bike parts on a wall.

This topic came up in the recent rebuild of The Tim Gould Schwinn see forum

I believe they still have them back, however bollox64 thread above has the links I believe (check it out)

Retro Spud":21wakncb said:
This topic came up in the recent rebuild of The Tim Gould Schwinn see forum

I believe they still have them back, however bollox64 thread above has the links I believe (check it out)

If they're in really good (visual) condition, you could always karma them to me - that way I could also "create" Tim's bike from late '93 :LOL:

Back