zinn...............talk to me, history etc

Re: Re:

xerxes":37ie6qt8 said:
Especially as the dining room table can hold 16 tonnes.

Roughly how many servings of chicken jalfrezi is that?

Based on a Tesco Chicken Jalfrezi and Rice at 450g and them being metric tonnes.

danson67":29ebo644 said:
Brain dump :shock: :

• -Built by Andy Thompson (formerly of Thompson Bicycles of Huddersfield and Orbit) for Whiteburner Products (who were a bike parts distribution company IIRC).
    -Very late 80s until around '94 (?)
    -Confusingly, nothing to do with US framebuilder and cycling author Lennard Zinn.
    -Married to national pursuit champ Maggie Thompson in the 80s, then later Isla Rowntree (cyclo-cross champ, Halfords and Islabikes).
    -Reynolds tubing, often 753, built lugless with smooth, but un-filed small fillets.
    -Often feature the Sturmey-Archer cable roller at the seat cluster to a top pull front mech
    -Saw my first one in a little bike shop in Keighthly back in around '91 while I was buying some Pace RC35s.
    -He's not built frames in a couple of decades, but is still a member on here and a few other cycling fora: Featch.
    -Featured in Mint Sauce strips....
    -Now makes some extremely chunky steel furniture with his son in Cradeley Heath.

All the best,

Almost correct except I was never Married to Isla and we split up in 1997. After a very lengthy hiatus I'm back on the bike and riding regularly with Stourbug and my wife Malanda.

Andy

Re:

Hi Andy, hope I can do my zinn justice and you approve :) and it'll be ridden as it was intended ;)

Latest posts

Back