XTR cranks

Tad

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hello,

I'm looking for some XTR cranks to go on my road bike. I like compact doubles but falling appart as I am I find myself needing a granny gear at times soooo I'm asking the good folks of Retrobike...

Is it just M900 cranks that were 110BCD?
Were they available in 170/172.5mm?
Did the granny gear use spacers like XT M730 cranks?

Cheers all.

The M950 cranks had an optional 5-arm spider which was 110BCD as well (in case one wanted to use off the shelf chain-rings instead of the proprietary XTR chain-rings). You can also combine them with Ultegra or Dura Ace octalink V1 bottom brackets in order to achieve a better chain-line for your road bike.
Booth M900 and M950 came in 170/172.5 mm lengths (however those shorter cranks are more rare and harder to come by than 175 mm ones but they're out there).

Re:

That's great, thank you. So my next question is... was M950 Octalink only?

Re:

There were also after market 110 BCD spiders from middleburn, Hershey racing and probably others. M952 is also compatible with the 110 BCD spider and was available in shorter arm lengths. 104 BCD spiders were also available but you may not want that for a road bike.

Any v1 octalink bb works, plenty of 105 ones around and as you want a road version, much more choice as the xtr ones aren't as easy to find, or are very expensive.

Latest posts

Back