Ebay Japanese linkage weirdness

danson67

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I didn't win these...and at £310 not working, I'm glad I didn't, but I've never seen them before and searches don't seem to dig up much. :evil:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/846-link-shoc ... &rt=nc

This flyer was included in the gallery, but is there any additional information out in RB land?

All the best,

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 537
  • 846linkShock.jpg
    846linkShock.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 517
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Dan
Interesting. Never seen them either. Looks a if the damper/shock is contained within the rear leg. I assume one side the spring, the other the damper?

Clearer image of flyer added...no great help, though.

I'll need to sit down and sketch the linkage idea...the translation from Japanese is far from clear.
Sound like the fork gets pushed upwards, and the different length and angled linkage pairs keep the front wheel trail constant ad the front end shortens.

The fittings on each of the shock/dampers look the same, so I suppose they are matched gas springs of some sort.

All the best,

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 14.43.53.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 14.43.53.png
    89 KB · Views: 514
Yes, that's what attracted me. Longer linkages than an AMP fork, but with the crown and rigid fork stiffness of a Lawwill Leader.

The Leader (Above) has matching length linkages which are a bit off parallel, but this 846 looks a whole lot more extreme, so there's a lot more happening horizontally at the dropouts.

All the best,

Attachments

• ll3.jpg
    ll3.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 497
  • Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 16.52.26.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 16.52.26.png
    28.2 KB · Views: 497
Back