Any help identifying this mystery fillet brazed frame?

frantik

Retro Guru
Bought this recently from a guy in Colorado.. can't seem to find any info on it. It used to be neon green at one point, and has a bunch of crazy features, that's all I know

FePmdVE.jpg

7nCluUp.jpg

9Vgjaoo.jpg

M5VXKjL.jpg

oZvjYPQ.jpg

4YAfsw4.jpg

jOBNc4k.jpg

tZzV8p2.jpg

jMiYsHW.jpg

Re:

Thats a cool :cool: looking frame and unforunately I dont know what it is..........but.

My gut feeling is a home built one off, I cant see a frame builder letting one out the door with all those pin holes in the fillets (assuming they are not just in the paint).

Is the rear brake cable guide a steel tube or has someone painted over a normal cable outer?
what is that screwed into the non drive side of the BB shell, a grease injection point or a plastic screw?
Love the forward facing seat bolt and Hite Rite lug.

I hope someone recognises this as I would like to know more.

Re:

yes I suspect something "homemade" too, though if this was their only frame, it certainly was ambitious. The cable guide is a metal tube brazed in. I'm not sure what is up with the screw in the BB shell.. the BB is stuck so right now that mystery has to wait

If i decide this frame is a keeper I might have it repainted and have the fillets cleaned up at the same time.. assuming it's even possible to get rid of the pin holes. There's a frame builder in my city who does fillet brazing so there is a possibility it could happen

I had a frame where the threads in the bottom bracket were a little screwed and didn't hold the cup properly. A previous owner had remedied this by drilling holes in the bottom bracket shell and tapping threads for little grub screws which locked the bottom bracket cup in place. Could this be the purpose of your screw?

How much to the UK ?

joke.

I'd find a canadian forum/facebook and see if they know. It's quite like something they would build.

Re: Re:

^ yeah i've heard people say that.. it's got some aspects similar to Off Road Toad but it's not one of those

retrobate":1bkx31cq said:
Filling the pin holes is a doddle. Body filler, sand back, prime and paint in the normal way.

that thought had crossed my mind :D the fillets could use a bit of smoothing down too.. that's all in the future though if I decide to repaint

raidan73":1bkx31cq said:
I had a frame where the threads in the bottom bracket were a little screwed and didn't hold the cup properly. A previous owner had remedied this by drilling holes in the bottom bracket shell and tapping threads for little grub screws which locked the bottom bracket cup in place. Could this be the purpose of your screw?

yes this is a strong possibility.. there is no lockring or anything for the BB on that side. Unfortunately the spindle is too long and the cup sticks out 5mm on the drive side. at least it's smooth so I might leave it for now just to get it built up for a test ride

Back