Spilt some paint all over my bike...

Nice job. I was thinking about doing something similar to my commuter bike. What kind of paint did you use? I was thinking of using one of those little pots of Humbrol model paint. Did you warm it up or anything to make it less viscous? Did you lacqueur over it?

Re:

;) Yeah, it was a bugger missing the stickers! Just used common-or-garden £1 Sir Tommy Walsh white metal paint from El Cheapo store mixed with Brilliant Red acrylic to pinkify...you want the consistency so it doesn't drip off the brush in blobs but just about runs off it in lines. Flick like flip. Toothbrush flicks too for the wee Milky Way dusty bits. Done in about 45 mins at N.Irish room temperature (-10) and left for a day in the yard, then I hairdryered it afore rebuilding. Black paint was gettin tatty so camouflages it well. Didn't clearcoat but feels pretty darn hardwearing...

Attachments

• Splattypuss.jpg
    Splattypuss.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 662
Re:

I love this! Reminds me of my old 1988 Fire Mountain - pink splatter on black looks cool :cool:

FWIW Those splatter Konas never did have the paint lacquered over either, so I think you're safe there..

Hope you don't mind me adding the pic to the thread by the way :)

Attachments

• fin.jpg
    fin.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 551
Re:

Lovely FM! 'Twas indeed my inspiration. Think I'm in the market for light blue cable outers now, don't want TOO much pink (missus...)

Latest posts

Back