Marin East Peak (year 2000) rear disc brake mount adapter

Presky":16ekztmj said:
I've had a batch made up of the rear disk mount for the 2000/2001 FRS frames. Needed one for my 2000 East Peak and ended up on a bit of a mission trying to get one. In the end I had to get it made as none available anywhere else.

If this is what you need, message me and I can sell you a mount.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k9h9c6xe9w7ov ... 1.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/83a5b8kcsa9it ... e.jpg?dl=0

Hi, I've been trying to send you a message but it doesn't seem to leave the "outbox"? :?:
Sen me an email at
(my nickname)@infinito.it

thanks!

Re: Marin - disc brake mount

Hello retrobike people

first post, lurked on and off for awhile. but to the topic . . .

I've just added a front disc brake to my trusty 2000 Marin Nail Trail, and then realised that the rear dropout is not set up for 'modern' disc brakes. Haven't had a chance to measure properly but the mounting holes are closer together than the supplied adapter, not even sure what the thread size is?

Does anyone still have any of these adapters to sell?, or dimensions of what would fit? I'm attempting to fit a Clark M2 160mm rear disc brake, got the right wheel etc. I'll go measure properly when I get back home, I can post a picture later on if it helps.

thanks in advance if anyone has any knowledge. happy trails . . .

(I've tried emailing Marin, lets see if I get any response)

Re:

So as best as I can measure quickly - it looks like 22.5mm between the hole centres and they are possibly M5?

Any help in tracking down a suitable adapter would be great!
(apologies the bike is shockingly dirty - needs a really good wash!) :oops:

thanks
:)

Attachments

• IMG_6778-rearsml2.jpg
    IMG_6778-rearsml2.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 683
Re: Re:

diddykiddy":1disktu1 said:
So as best as I can measure quickly - it looks like 22.5mm between the hole centres and they are possibly M5?

Any help in tracking down a suitable adapter would be great!
(apologies the bike is shockingly dirty - needs a really good wash!) :oops:

thanks
:)

They are holes for mudguards and racks!

Re:

Thanks, yes I thought they were, I was more wondering if anyone knew of a ready made bracket - oh well I'll just have to make one! (luckily I've got access to a CNC machine and a metal workshop so shouldn't be too difficult as long as I measure properly, make templates etc first to check).

best wishes D

Re:

Disk brake adapter availability - do you still have any of the rear disk mount adapters as i wish to buy one for my rift zone from the same era. Thanks calvin hutt

Back