Drop bar conversion lever question

The History Man":1evpl0d8 said:
So, problem solvers or cantis and a road front mech?

Pretty much. The only other option is to buy a set of mini-vbrakes which should work with the brifters. But I suspect this is a budget build and mini-v's are a fairly specialized purchase. Unless you have a CX bike or a canti equipped touring bike you might want to upgrade in the future. I find v-brakes/mini v's a PITA when it comes to fenders though.

Bar-end shifters are better on a bike like that.

I have a set of 9spd Dura-ace bar end shifters and some V-specific road levers but unfortunately they may not be within budget

I even have some mini V's

Aren't I great??

legrandefromage":2jryirg9 said:

I have a set of 9spd Dura-ace bar end shifters and some V-specific road levers but unfortunately they may not be within budget

Aren't I great??

So want to swap for the stuff i was going to use but you had first refusal on? The 3x9 stuff and bars?

Remember?

The History Man":eeoxz96o said:
legrandefromage":eeoxz96o said:

Aren't I great??

So want to swap for the stuff i was going to use but you had first refusal on? The 3x9 stuff and bars?

Remember?

I remember but I've been away

I have plenty of cantis inc black lx and a road triple mech in the shed of love. and a splayed black road drop bar bars. No not the elephant although that would be nice.

Going all stealth still. The tyres i fancy have reflective sidewalls though which can bee seen by the international space station.

Back