Shipping frame from USA ££££££!!!!!!!!!!!!

16vGTI

Retro Guru
I've got a frame at a friends who lives in the USA and I want to get it shipped over to me here in the UK. I've been online and checked some couriers but the prices coming back are way beyond what I was expecting to have to pay.

I was wondering if anyone had done similar and if so who they used and how much it cost.

The box is 36 inch x 33 inch x 13 inch and weighs 8.2kg

Thanks.

USPS will be way cheaper than your quote. Make sure it's packed as small as possible

Re:

Thanks - I did try USPS but when I put the dimensions in it says it's too big. I reduced the size down to the smallest I could imagine it being and it was still saying too big to send. :(

That's odd as it's the only service I've ever used, for many frames

Re:

13" wide seems big, unless it's a wide hubbed frame (190mm fat bike) I'm sure you can drop that down

USPS will be the cheapest option but as Jon says, check the limitations ;)

Just found this on the USPS site:

''If you’re not using a USPS-produced Priority Mail International® Box, the total girth (distance around the thickest part) of your package is up to 108".

That means mine should be ok as it measures 36" x 33" x 13" but when I put it into the price calculator it says its too big?? https://postcalc.usps.com/Calculator/La ... 0&p=18&o=0

Am I missing something obvious?

Seems heavy too. That's over 18lbs

Back