Found by the bins

stewlewis

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Nothing too fancy but half decent forks, it's always good to find owt for nowt.
On the other hand frame is small, steerer probably too small for me to do anything with, but couldn't resist picking it up.

y4mHFxFpCH4gmmQlzNDtUuQI-XnUnwoU0c_FuW8KiMvWxOhg6jpMxsxVvP91FZRlB8SdVuyFnDxHk-xVn4UZD-tGoNbzkSqCZmmInhHHqytbYTD1TN06Pkh7Wdpaumo9iSYKWY0-waBUom1qP64wuPv3l62qYOApPzrxULI63f7EeF1YLYQms_5oU9K4xKtnEPwZyQb8JADTE2sA1pxW-FRUg

y4mPhUVYxWWKf-RCbjU-5B8TtFjwItkaMLHhMF1U3KAOih7YFQgWh_BWTIvawQh8vs9VShtPW6P0v_UNOJxuEQ-7DPBvGCCVkjiLPzLUzzaNEkFhp8H1GlV4ykbxeUQe0AsQX3dDBx_2XfN82odn9PDLquDrS67KV0caaU2cZ9q-gyNmX5VaakgGR1KPajkNJXUtOe4ig7KvSjCRiVzwBj0OQ

y4mUiZAzrh0Xkk7EhtooOCvq70uthSZDFZWA7s7uSl_x67dozc_590ooocycwis1PBs0YtdlO2Vge9sNljsOzwiiQk5OJgpzGJFbIuMYPflcCe_tquOwX9ARZlRg42rkj8wFk_3LzGkrj2WEubkAUpTZ9NYs44wupHzlnA0o64r5UYMLGOSfwNUoKmC9FMtretQ3vSpXvJ452SE1w6fIR7v-Q

y4mMdC-X7fyebt806LVxYfQvk5itHRTkgniH6QvSdGsLihBP0kOprZw5Pmtwhm_WmmCKI2ABa38lURuvE8WVv_vw8_QYCDCdEKcCrhFpYujZTBg_Hd_7zzWaXdQIYOVRkYdR7kzWD7AwPKgk6BiU9Ry0qrdG6ztHtbwcglepkGVy7KsiM37MyvSsOgO75JoMmjtgvUEjkHhaqmt8fuMNzoTig

Excellent find, and good condition too.

I hate finding or buying something really really cheap that looked a great deal till you get it home.

Nice that the BB is out, that can always be a game of chance

Re:

I was talking to a staff member at Finchley Recycling centre t'other day. He mentioned they get some incredible throw away retro bikes from time to time. He knew his onions !! I noticed they were all neatly stacked up and not thrown into a container ready to be crushed. Wonder where they end up :eek: and no.... you cant just take them, as they become Council Operator's property once left behind.

Re:

Last time I went to our tip a container was labelled up for these folks;

https://www.ayudante.bike

I couldn't even get a gawp at what was in it. They did used to list on Ebay but the listings all disappeared, avergaed priced for the 2nd hand market.

And this frame, its only a 13", the Project Two are 400 a/c, 140mm steerer, triple butted.

I'll see if theres any interest on here, karma/raffle/swaps.

'recycling' has gone completely tits up. it hides behind non existent rules and regulations citing health & safety and all that guff.

Huge amounts of money are simply wasted in every sense and there doesnt seem to be anything that anyone can do. The local centre lost its license and had to close, the council run version doesnt allow the sale of anything

other countries promote re-use

its all mad

those forks are great and that would make someone a nice little rider

Re:

Nice score there mate
In regards to ayudante re-cycle, they are still going!
They are in Stoke on Trent, between Fenton and longton.
They have loads of adds on gumtree

legrandefromage":2jcy3a0q said:
'recycling' has gone completely tits up. it hides behind non existent rules and regulations citing health & safety and all that guff.

Huge amounts of money are simply wasted in every sense and there doesnt seem to be anything that anyone can do. The local centre lost its license and had to close, the council run version doesnt allow the sale of anything

other countries promote re-use

its all mad

those forks are great and that would make someone a nice little rider

Interesting. Heard lots of conflicting remarks from Recycling staff over the years. Wonder who keeps the profits from ebay sales. Would much rather they ended up fixed up for the disadvantaged in Africa. Boils my piss when Councils dont actually bother to collect larger items of household rubbish or sift through our rubbish for recycling but just stick it on a container ship back to China.

Having worked in the bike recycling il tell you what happens to them.

They go in a container, to be sent to Africa to be recycled as metal. The system used I believe is to burn them all in a bonfire. No filters ,nothing, the entire lot burns till the paint and plastic parts are all gone.

I like the fact they are recycled, only I wish they'd be a bit more open about the damage recycling them in a basic way causes.

Back