lets see your khs's

Just stumbled across this topic and thought i'd share mine - 1999 KHS softtail comp recenlty set up in race trim - with xtr componets 12-25 road bike rear gearing and tubless wheels.

Attachments

• khs1.JPG
    khs1.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,439
  • khs2.JPG
    khs2.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 1,439
  • khs3.JPG
    khs3.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 1,439
  • khs4.JPG
    khs4.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 1,439
KHS

There's a nice one down under in New Zealand for sale on e-bay, worth looking at for its history and story, and a couple of 'current state of play, subject to change' pics of mine awaiting cables and grips.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-1990-KHS-M ... 27c77a4a70

Attachments

• KHS.jpg
    KHS.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 1,408
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I'll be first to admit that I made a lot of mistakes along the way with this build, which was my first ever. I think it's closer to looking more 'right' than I've managed to get it so far, so I do feel some progress. The bullmoose bars aren't quite 'it' but they were the best I could find/afford. The stove enamel looks great, but it's so susceptible to chipping that I'm frightened of throwing it around, even taking a spanner to it becomes a hazzard....and it's too big for me to do very much other than boulevard cruising on it like a road bike. There's some nice Ritchey Logic levers still to go on, but I'm happy to put it down for now 'cos my Marin project is complete, which is my size, bombproof, chuckable, I love riding it and more importantly, I don't have to get all precious about it.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 1,228
  • Montaña.jpg
    Montaña.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 1,228
Re: my ritchey team

so this is my khs montana ritchey team
full xt with 4 serial number under BB

nice to meet you all

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 1,119
Picked this FXT LT frame up from a friend for another friend in 98. Fast forward to 2 weeks ago, and I get a call that he wants to go to a hard tail and offers to swap the frame for my Altitude frame. So now I'm back in possession of it. I needed another FS frame like I needed another hole in my head, but it is the 97 Canadian National DH Championship winning bike, so I figured what the hell. I'll build it back up with the original components and put it in the rack.

IMG_0408_zpsedcc9nmm.jpg

bought this montana comp as a birthday present for my sister last year. She only rode it 5 times so, obviously, I claimed it back :twisted: and took it for a ride last weekend. As you can see the weather was lovely.
ooh and please ignore the saddle

Attachments

• IMG_0047klein.jpg
    IMG_0047klein.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 857
JHD":wtbhgacr said:
I'll be first to admit that I made a lot of mistakes along the way with this build, which was my first ever. I think it's closer to looking more 'right' than I've managed to get it so far, so I do feel some progress. The bullmoose bars aren't quite 'it' but they were the best I could find/afford. The stove enamel looks great, but it's so susceptible to chipping that I'm frightened of throwing it around, even taking a spanner to it becomes a hazzard....and it's too big for me to do very much other than boulevard cruising on it like a road bike. There's some nice Ritchey Logic levers still to go on, but I'm happy to put it down for now 'cos my Marin project is complete, which is my size, bombproof, chuckable, I love riding it and more importantly, I don't have to get all precious about it.

Hello, I'm from Bangkok. I have an unmarked MTB similar to your KHS Montanya but with the Rock-shock front suspension. I've got several comment that the cable route on seat tube is opposite one of the Ritchey P series. I've read trough your thread and thank you very much for the sharing. Regards, SMiZ

Back